Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer (Romaine) Salads

I love a good salad bar.  I always have.  Recently, we decided to go ahead and get a Costco membership due to its proximity to us, and due to the amount of fruit (Eli), bread (Theo), and cheese (both) my children are consuming.  I feel like they are already eating me out of house and home.  I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to keep enough food around when they are teenagers.

The Costco membership is why we often have 6 huge romaine hearts in our fridge.  Just about every time we come back from the store.  I've been finishing summer up by eating a salad just about every day for lunch, so we decided to try out buying the lettuce in bulk.  I'm committed to not letting any food go bad and I'm having some fun switching things up so I don't get tired of the same old salad every day.

Maybe these will be inspirational to others who find themselves in the same too-much-Romaine situation.



Avocado and Walnut Salad: Idea and Dressing here.
Grilled salad:  Idea and Dressing Here.






No comments: