Friday, August 16, 2013

Math Problem: How many Pretzel Bites?



Here is a math problem for you (and don't be afraid to divide by a fraction):

Mrs. E really, really loves pretzels.  Soft pretzels or hard pretzels, any kind.  She loves them!  So she is making pretzel bites.  She follows these directions.

1.  Divide the dough into four equal sections.
2.  Roll each section out into 24 inch long ropes.
3.   Cut each rope into pieces 1 and 1/2 inches long.

How many pretzel bites will she have?

The answer:  Not Enough!

This is an AWESOME recipe for pretzel bites (and for cheese sauce, which was just okay).  If you are trying to avoid a trip to the mall just to fulfill a craving for pretzels, these will do just that.  I had never made real pretzels before at home, and I was surprised by how easy it was, and how extremely satisfying it was to enjoy these in the comfort of my own home.  I did freeze half a batch as suggested, which was good because these things are very hard to eat in moderation.  Luckily I have three boys to help me with that.



I do think this large straining spoon was a part of my success with this recipe.  It made it easy to do 6-7 bites in each batch. 
I'm sure you could switch up the toppings as well, maybe trying Parmesan or sugar and cinnamon.  However, I'm a classic girl.  So now, I'm on the hunt for real pretzel salt to perfect these.

No comments: