As Theo recently turned 18 months this month, I thought I would record 18 things about my little cutie.
- According to his pediatrician, he is 34 inches tall (90%-ile), 33 pounds (>97%-ile), and has a 50 cm head circumference (90%-ile).
- T has a mouth full of teeth! He now has his lower canines, and the upper ones are in, as well as his first molars. He has been extremely close to the "schedule" for all of his teeth. Hopefully now he will get about a 6 month break until his second molars come in.
- T loves his baby doll. I realized recently that I should get him a doll to take care of, and he immediately took to her. He puts her down for a nap, pushes her around on his little cart, hugs, kisses, and plays patty-cake with her.
- T gives lots of hugs, to people he knows, and kids he doesn't. He's been giving them out left and right... mostly to his cousin Maci, but also to kids in the nursery at church, little girls at the creamery, anyone.
- T dances! It is way too cute. See attached video...
7. T really loves copying us. He tries to sweep the kitchen, walk the dog, and of course use our phones and computers. Nowadays he's not content to just play on the phones, but actually wants us to call people so that he can babble at them.
8. T continues to be in the "on/off" stage. He loves climbing up on his toy box to turn the AC and lights on and off, open and close doors and the fridge, and buckling himself into his stroller and his car seat.
9. T loves to go outside! He has recently figured out how to open the door, and had a couple time-outs for going outside without us. He still loves every chance he gets though. He's very glad we have a dog that he gets to help walk, and have a playground in our complex so he can play easily everyday.
10. T still loves bananas. They may be his favorite food. He is only a little picky now and then with vegetables, but if they are pureed he's still try anything.
11. T. doesn't have a comfort object. No binky, no special blanket or stuffed animal... I'm wondering if he will eventually pick something or not.
12. T. still cries when we put him to sleep. It's sad, but only lasts a couple minutes. Last week I tried letting him listen to music, and it helped a little. Johnny Cash "Hurt" worked one night. And the last week we have been 7 for 7 for him not crying at nighttime! Hopefully this keeps up.
13. T. is an excellent helper! He has started carrying in groceries (little bags), picking the peppers, putting his books away at night, and tries to help daddy with his tools.
14. T. is still a good little reader. His nighttime routine is to bring us books in our bed that we read before putting him down. Lately he has started "reading" back to us. He also seems interested in "chapter books" as he likes to take our books out of the bookshelf and page through them. Also, we have all decided that Leo Lionni books are a little strange.
15. T. really loves daddy's bike! He loves spinning the wheels. We bought a bike seat for him recently, and he was super excited to get to ride in it. He picked out a trike at the bike strore already that he would really love to have, if his legs were a little longer.
16. T. also really likes plugging in and unplugging things-my phone, computer, etc. It's a little annoying.