Sunday, October 6, 2013

First 12 month comparisons

When I was pregnant a year ago, I couldn't really imagine a son that was any different than the one I already had.  I only could picture the son I already knew.  But once I saw the almost bald little head of my second born, I could tell they were going to be quite different.  It's been pleasantly surprising to see how unique our two children are.

I love doing comparison photos, so I found each boy in a similar pose at all of their milestone months.  Newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year.

Though they both started to crawl at just about the same time, around 9 months (especially if dog food was near), most of their milestones have been quite different, as well as their looks.

Some Differences:
  • Theo was walking by 11 months, while Eli is still not interested at almost 13 months.
  • Theo has crazy, thick, dark hair with cowlicks, while Eli has fair, wispy, straight hair.
  • Eli is a very light sleeper, while Theo has always been a very heavy one.
  • Eli looks like mama, while Theo looked like dada.
  • At one year old, Eli trailed Theo by 5.5 pounds at that age, and one full inch in height.  Theodore also had six teeth by the age that Eli had his first.

No comments: