Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Goes to Washington

So we met my family in DC a few weekends ago when they came out to visit. We embarked on our second annual trip to view the Cherry Blossoms!
Many of the family had never rode the subway. I am now an expert at the DC system, don't even have to look at the map anymore (can't say the same for the NYC metro).

We came up Smithsonian station, right on the mall.


We saw the White House, getting ready for the Easter egg roll later in the weekend (I have got to try and get Theodore a ticket next year!).


We saw the new WWII Memorial (well, newish).


The Lincoln Memorial (I made it up all the steps.  C-section pain has subsided).



The Korean War Memorial (one of my favorites-really makes you think about the soldiers).


The often overlooked Memorial to "The Great War"


And finally the Cherry Blossoms!


This year the Tulip garden was in full bloom.


Matthew got this great shot!






It was a fun day, and exhausting! My family had driven the night before, so they were dragging by the time we got back off the subway at our cars. But we made it home to the hotel in time for the basketball games.

No comments: