Friday, April 16, 2010

Ocean Themed Nursery


So I finally started really working on the nursery...
Brian's mom put together this awesome "under the sea" quilt, and it went perfectly with the green and blue baskets I already had, so I decided to go ahead and try and get more color into the room, using those shades. The chair is temporarily in the space where the crib will go when we eventually get it.
I had these old white (Billy) bookshelves just sitting in the closet taking up space, so I decided to go ahead and get them out and utilize them. They were ones I had used in my first apartment. We matched the paint to the blue and green on the quilt, and I love how they turned out.


I have been collected books ever since I decided to become a teacher. Since my ideal grade to teach is 5th, most are upper level chapter books, but I collected a good deal of picture books while in my 1st grade internship. I also have a goal to collect every Caldecott winning book, and many of the honor books, so I have those as well. Poetry books, the fairy tales of both the Grimm brothers and Hans Christian Andersen round out my collection. My next goal is to get more ocean oriented ones to go with the room, that we can start reading to Theodore.
This side of the room is still pretty much the same as it was before.

Our next big step will be buying the crib. At the rate baby is growing, it will probably be sooner rather than later. I haven't been able to find any crib skirt or bumper that I really like, so I decided to go ahead and make my own. They will hopefully be completed in the next few days. This fabric is for the skirt and one side of the bumper. And this fabric will be for the other side of the reversible bumper. Hopefully they turn out well!

No comments: