Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day Trip: Lancaster, PA

The hubby and I had a lovely drive Saturday. Our destination was Lancaster, PA, specifically for a friend's husband's art sale.
After a few errands, our first stop was at Bravo Pizza. There are only two locations of this restaurant, both in Pennsylvania. We were looking for a quick place, and this was perfect for that. You can simply pick a slice from a large variety of pizzas, and they will put it in the brick oven and have it to you within minutes. It reminded me of a place in Tempe called Slices. Definetly a nice little pizzeria.
Next, driving through a lot of little towns, we stopped at one called Gap. Here we entered  The Town Clock Cheese Shoppe, a surprisingly charming destination.  By simply "putting your hand in," you get a taste of whatever cheese any customer is trying. We tried Havarti, Swiss, cheddar, and mango cheeses. We came away with a Swiss and cheddar, as well as some cheese curds-which reminded me of squeaky cheese. It will definitely get our repeat business.


We then finally arrived at Josh Heim's pottery sale. He had lots of beautiful pieces, and we bought a few, most notably the platter below. He is also making a cylindrical vase for us in the same style as this one (for dips).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Did you seriously write five posts in one day? Crazy. I love cheese curds...I have since forever. Mom and Dad always buy them for me at Shipshewana. I used to get them at a little cheese shop in Frankenmuth, MI when we went there over fall break in elementary school. Very cute platter--how are Josh and Kari? My students keep recommending Twilight over and over and over...but I haven't tried the books yet. I'm a bit hesitant. Okay...that's enough. I have to go to bed.