When I bought new bread pans a few weeks ago, this recipe was inside the pan. It is delicious! If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will like this. We like to eat this bread for dessert or breakfast.
Ingredients for 2 loaves:
4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chocolate morsels, divided
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and nuts.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Put the remaining chocolate morsels in a baggie, and into a bowl of hot tap water and set it on top of the stove near where the oven vents.
- When melted, squeeze chocolate to drizzle over bread. (if you are creative, you can make neat designs like my husband)