Monday, November 17, 2008

Caffe Gelato

The first place we ever dined in Delaware was the restaurant Caffe Gelato. Brian's then-future-advisor took us there when we were visiting the campus. I really enjoyed the food, but it is a little too pricey to go there often. So we waited until my birthday, and finally went there again. They have a lot of pasta, as any good Italian restaurant, and are known for their wine selection. I have ordered the same entree both times:
An eight-ounce filet mignon, served with a roasted shallot and green peppercorn demi-glace, pancetta mashed potatoes, sauteed fine herbs and baby carrots.
I highly recommend Cafe G.

This post wouldn't be complete without mentioning the dessert. Of course they have great gelato, but I never have any room left to enjoy dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always have room for dessert.