Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow, I have sure posted a lot this year.  When I realized I had 99 posts, I figured I had better write something today to push me to the 100th one.  That is more than I've posted in the last couple years put together.  I guess having two kids and moving gave me a lot to write about, and now that I'm not teaching I have the time to actually do it. 

I'm not going to go over my past year, since a good proportion of people that will ever read this get my Christmas letter, but I am looking forward to  a more stable 2014 for sure. I am needing some babies to fill the void that spunky little Eli is leaving, as he quickly grows; luckily I am getting two nieces this year in January and June.  Hopefully that does the trick.  There are also lots of big birthdays in my family this year, with my grandpa, mother, mother-in-law and myself all celebrating ones that end in 5 or 0.  Not in love with mine, but I've still got 10+ months to get used to it.

I'm glad that I've had the last few months to have some time to spend working on my physical self-which I plan to keep focusing on for a few more months until I am firmly into my new habits.  Theo decided his resolution would also be "healthy eating" (and getting less time outs).  It think he needs to work on not crying when he wants something (it works for Eli, so he thinks he should do it to).  Theo thinks dada's resolution should be getting home early once the new road is finished (he drives through some construction every day, and I tend to complain about the time he gets home).  Finally, Theo has given Eli the instruction to work on growing up as his resolution.  So he's more fun to play with. I think he's growing up just quickly enough.

Have a blessed 2014! 

No comments: