Sunday, November 30, 2014

Advent Calendar for a Pre-Schooler: Week One

My son really loves calendars.  Whenever we've got a lot going on, I make one up for him to help him keep track of things.  He was one that has struggled with transitions, and having the calendar helped him navigate when he would have things to do and when he could make up his own mind.  When the last one I made him for the week of Thanksgiving was such a hit, I knew I'd have to make him one for the busy month of December.  This year I really tried to cull some of our activities for the month and make sure we had a good balance of things going on so Theo won't think Christmas is just about presents.  With that in mind, I quizzed him for what Christmas is all about and basically, he explained that it is "to remember God/Jesus."

I'm only printing out a week at a time, as I know our advent activities will change based on weather, sicknesses, etc.  Here's our first week of advent!

Tomorrow we will also start our annual Christmas stories at bedtime routine, so I'll try to get our list of books up then.

And if you want more info on zoo lights and the tiny tot concert, you can see my post from last year on these events here.

No comments: