Thursday, July 16, 2009

King Tutankhamun Exhibit (and other Indy treats)

So while we were home in July, we took in the King Tut exhibit at the Indy Children's Museum. We missed the exhibit when we were at the Field Museum in 2006, and were always disappointed about that, so we took the opportunity this time to see the Egyptian treasures.

For $25 we were slightly disappointed, we thought there would be a little better selection. Overall, it was interesting to see my anthropology and art history classes come to life in the information about the artifacts. There were lots of scarabs-which I hate for some reason. The canopic jars were interesting, as well as the sandals that were on the king's feet and the wrappings that were around his fingers.

I was most excited about seeing RUPERT from Survivor. It's been an random hobby of mine for the last six months or so to netflix old Survivor seasons and watch them. And of course Rupert is one of my favorite characters to watch. I was shocked when he walked right beside me when we were buying tickets for the exhibit. I didn't think it would take going to Indy to see someone famous!

We also tried a new place to eat in Indy while we were there, YATS. I'm not sure which location it was, but it was close to downtown. Brian's older brother Josh introduced us to this cajun/creole/southern/soul place. It was different, with a tiny menu, but pretty good stuff for a quick informal lunch. I think if we lived near there we'd like it as an occasional place. I had the white chili with chicken.

No comments: