Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Winter Movies

The hubby and I have always liked going out to the movies... there is just something nice about seeing the movies on the big screen. January and February didn't yield very good movies, but it was still something to do on chilly weekend nights. Ranked from best to worst are the movies we have saw in the past couple months: (Brian gave the star ratings.)

****Gran Torino-Clint Eastwood, reminded me somewhat of No Country For Old Men... not sure why.
***The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-A long, "Forest Gump" like movie, but very entertaining.
**.5 Frost/Nixon- Not bad... this one was ok, we saw it too late at night though, and I had a hard time staying awake.
*.5 The Reader-I don't read the preview summaries, so I don't know what I was expecting from this movie, but it wasn't this. Very sad movie.
*Revolutionary Road-Really wanted to like Leo and Kate in this, but it was just an annoying movie.

No comments: