Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Locks of Love

I have had long hair all my life. Really long hair. And recently, I decided to just get rid of it. I was just tired of putting it in long braids everyday. A friend suggested I donate to Locks of Love, and I always felt like I should give to this organization. It took me a few weeks to finally decide to go to a salon, and a long time to pick one when I did. I ended up going to Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design.
I went on an errand right before I was going I was going to the hair salon, and a women coming in the door behind me commented on how beautiful my hair was, and asked me how long it had took to grow it. My stomach turned at this, and made me more reserved about cutting my hair, but I still went ahead with it. The girls at the school were very excited, and jealous of the guy stylist who ended up cutting my hair. He cut about 14 inches off. I was oddly unattached when I finally got it cut.

My long hair:


My short hair:


No comments: