Friday, August 17, 2012

Toddler Momments

I haven't posted in a while, so I just wanted to record some moments that have made me smile.

#1  Theo is pretty good about naps.  We go in, read a few stories, and he settles right down.  A few days ago though, he wasn't settling, but I left him in his room to get to sleep on his own.  He started jamming out to some of his CDs (I should NOT have shown him the volume knob) and I kept checking on him.  I heard him yelling after a while, and didn't know what was going on.  I go in, and he's reading "Duckling has a Cookie" to himself.  In this story, pigeon is very upset that duckling got a cookie just by asking.  It is a lot of fun to play/act out, and we normally do so with mama and dada taking a roll.  Hearing Theodore read/yell through the book was adorable.  He just looked up at me and kept reading, like it was totally normal that he should be yelling in his room during nap time.
#1b  He also really likes the "Meatball Book" right now, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  He is way too silly reading it.  It combines some heavy machinery (they have to "clean-up" the food) with all sorts of food, so he likes it.  Similarly, he liked the silly story "Sheep in a Jeep" that we found at the library recently.  We must have read it at least three times and I'm glad we did not check it out b/c I'm really not a big fan of repeating the same story over and over, though Theo loves it. 

#2  I'm afraid he is going to have a hard time with the baby having his own things.  Theo loves his little sleeper that has trucks on it, and carries it around all the time.  He even put it on his baby doll and practices with that.  We picked out some fabric the other day for a blanket.  A red print with gold owls, and a gold fleece for the back layer.  Since Theo helped pick it out, he things its for him.  He keeps stealing the fabric and using it like a blanket. 

#3  Lately when he gets hurt, he asks for a kiss every time.  This was started by day care I believe.  Recently, he has started asking for an ice pack.  I have no idea where he got that idea. 

And the whole time I've been typing this, Theodore has been walking in circles around the "boat" (laundry basket) which I think is a signal he's ready for nap time.  Despite throwing him self on the ground when he doesn't want to leave places, the biting, and using his chair/stool to get anything he wants at anytime, this is really a cute age.  He is still circling...

No comments: