We chose to celebrate at Ole Tapas Lounge and Restaurant in Newark. Brian has been there a few times with work, and we also went a Wednesday months ago (half priced tapas on Wednesdays at the bar).
This is possibly our favorite place in Newark-it's delicious and a real dining experience.
We tried the following:
- a castillo monesma wine
- unnamed chef's complimentary starter (!!free!!) of bread and tomato
- a trio of pork tapas (pictured above)
- Empanada del Dia
- Montadito del Dia
- Alcachofas Gratinadas: artichokes with Idiazabal cheese
- Patatas Bravas: fried potatoes with spicy mayonnaise
- And for desert: Churros con Chocolate: crisp churros with hot chocolate and Espresso