Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays 2008

We were home for nine days this year, and were busy for each of them. I actually had all my shopping done early, and everything wrapped and ready to go before we went home. It made the holiday a lot easier. We were able to attend most all of the family get-togethers, and also see a couple of friends at home and in Indianapolis. The following are some "sights" of the season:

Our Christmas card photo:

I made two needlepoints this year: one for my mother and another for my mother-in-law. My mother thought that her's was a baby bib when she opened it (as if we were making an announcement). It was pretty funny-she is way too anxious for more grandchildren.



Toboggan Run at Pokagon State Park: Megan and Aaron Aaron hit the toboggan run with us this year. It was fun, and we got up to 37 mph on one of the runs.



Our New Year's Eve tradition is to visit the lights in Marion and those in Sunken Garden's in Huntington. The Huntington lights were off this year, but we still enjoyed the Marion ones. My favorite parts include the "Twelve Days of Christmas" lights.

3 Calling Birds

5 Golden Rings

10 Lords a Leaping

11 Pipers Piping

12 Drummers Drumming


On Jan. 1, we competed in my cousin Joel's 7th annual meatball contest. Brian made some mojo meatballs. Very good, but needed a little kick to go with the citrus flavor.
 


I love getting new Christmas ornaments based on new places or events in our lives. These were some of this years:

No comments: