Monday, May 17, 2010

Sewing Pile

So on the bottom of my to-do list for the last year or two, has been "sewing pile". While I've been home on maternity leave it has been moved to the top of my to-do list. I decided that I couldn't make any more baby items until I finished the old stuff in my pile. So, I've made good progress on that goal. I've done the following:

-make a mini-taggie blanket
-finished the binging and hangers on a fall quilt
-fixed a pair of maternity pants
-fixed the pocket on my winter coat
-made a reversible bumper for baby's crib (picture coming soon)
-made a crib skirt (picture coming soon)
-finished the binding on my patriotic/summer quilt


I am most proud of the last item, because I finally took the time to do a binding correctly. I learned how from a tutorial here, and though it took a little longer than machine stitching, it was definitely worth it to have a nice finish.


Now, if someone can teach me how to do mitered corners perfectly, I might be pretty good at quilting.

No comments: